Friday, July 24, 2015

365 Days of Writing

A friend is doing a 365 day art challenge to improve her art.  This sounds like a great idea to me.  I have been meaning to get back to writing and I seriously need to improve my craft, so, taking on this challenge (except writing in stead of drawing) is exactly the kick in the ass that I need.

So here's what I'm going to do.  I'm going to schedule a post to automatically post at midnight every day for the next year.  Unless I really want to embarass myself I will write something in these posts everyday.  It will be a piece of fiction of some length - maybe the same piece continuing across multiple days, maybe not.  The point is to sit down at the keyboard and write some words everyday - hopefully some bright, shiny, good words, but in the words of Ze Frank "...even the dull ones will make a mark."

Every Sunday I'm going to review the weeks work and write some reflection on the work done - except for this coming sunday cause that will only be three days worth.  Hopefully that Analytical break will you know, be a bit of a break, and help with the creative bits - it's a trick I've read about here on the internets.

"Warts and all, lets start this shit up." - Ze Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment